Such a vague question. Who is the greatest athlete of all time? Yes its hard to compare certain players from all different sports but you can get an idea of who is the greatest athlete. Listen to what I’m saying you knuckleheads. Athlete. Incase you’re not sure what athlete means let me give you a quick run down. A word that many people do not understand. Here is the definition of an Athlete. A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise. You catch the ending of that? Other forms of exercise. So before you start shouting out some names lets hit on some criteria.
- Each athlete has his/her own accomplishments in their specific sport. For example; Self accomplishments such as MVP’s, records they set, their overall career stats, how many all star games they’ve been a part of (this part is a little sketchy because of fan votes), also how many seasons or years they played in their sport.
- How long were they better than every one else. If it was 1-2 years, please save me the hassle of having to read your shitty opinion. How much better were they than the rest of the field. Was it a night and day difference? Was is obvious that they were the king/queen of the sport at the time?
- Were they consistently great at what they did? Not a year here and then 3 years later great again. Im talking every year.
- What was in the impact they had on their specific team or the sport in general? If a player comes to mind who was involved in a team sport, if you took them off the team, would there be a dramatic drop off? What type of impact did they have on the sport all together?
- Could they do things that other players just could not do if their life depended on it?
- Did they shine in multiple sports or different athletic things other than the main sport they played?
- Did other players/coaches hate playing against or fear having to play against them?
These are some things to consider before shouting out a name. If they don’t meet the criteria above, then I don’t want to hear it. Now, put on your thinking cap and rattle off who you think was the GREATEST ATHLETE of ALL TIME? Let the fun begin.
Of course, I have to let you know who I think is the greatest ATHLETE of all time. In MY opinion the greatest athlete is…… que the drum roll….. BO JACKSON!! The guy was a freak of nature and hits on every single criteria I mentioned above. Please take 6 minutes of your life and watch this video.